Frankincense has a significant meaning in Christianity, and is believed to be one of the gifts offered by the three wise men to the newborn Jesus. Leer Más
We all suffer from digestive problems at one time or other. Sometimes they can be reoccurring symptoms that can get in the way of enjoying daily life. When this happens, we tend to try and solve the problem by cutting out trigger foods and adding more healthy foods into our diets in order to eliminate any cause and eat more clean. Leer Más
Not only is thyme a fragrant and versatile herb for cooking, it has a wide range of therapeutic uses thanks to the potent antiseptic compound, thymol, found in the plant’s leaves. Thyme is an effective and well-known remedy for coughs and sore throats, but more and more research is piling up about thyme’s anti-microbial, anti-cancer and other health benefits. Here are some of my favorite uses for thyme: Leer Más
Are you recommending curcumin or turmeric to your patients?
Curcumin and turmeric are not interchangeable terms. Curcumin is a small, potent, and important part of turmeric. This distinction has implications for product selection as well as clinical dosing. Leer Más
Not sleeping well is awful, so here are 10 natural remedies that could help you get some shut-eye.
- U.S. study found active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, can help slow down progression of breast cancer in mice
- Other studies found it may help destroy plaques that form in brain associated with Alzheimer’s disease
Crave chicken soup when you have a cold? There may be a good reason for that. Research in mice has found that changing eating habits could be crucial for surviving the body’s own immune responses to different types of infection. Leer Más
- Previous studies found chili peppers contain tumor-nourishing compound
- American Chemical Society found it combines with ginger to fight cancer
- Together, ginger and chili bind to a key tumor-nourishing receptor
- The humble pot of Vaseline, which costs just over £1, has plenty of uses
- We’ve rounded up the weird and wonderful ways you can use the jelly
- Helps style hair, beat shaving rash and give skin a dewy glow