- Investing is the most powerful tool to build wealth, but it requires stomaching some risk.
- Thankfully, you don’t have to be a stock-picking genius to grow your money in the markets. In fact, legendary investor Warren Buffett suggests everyday investors stick to low-cost index funds.
- You can start investing in index funds directly through a mutual fund provider, in your retirement account, or by opening a brokerage account at an online investor like Wealthfront, Betterment, or Ellevest.
- Buffett is a huge fan of Vanguard, the creator of the index fund, for simple, low-cost, and high-performing options.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
Warren Buffett is one of the most iconic and successful investors of our time. Luckily, he’s an open book when it comes to his sharing his strategy and advice.