You might do things that unexpectedly lead to your brain damage.
Here are the things that could reduce the true capacity of your brain, according to CSID. Leer Más
- The serious psychological impacts of smoking are rarely discussed
- Studies have shown build-up of the 4,000 chemicals in cigarettes can damage the brain
- Northumbria University psychology researchers Tom Heffernan and Anna-Marie Marshall explain the dangers
Results of a new study led by Professor Linda Pagani of the University of Montreal’s School of Psycho-Education show that the more children are exposed to household tobacco smoke in early childhood, the greater their risk of adopting antisocial behavior toward others, engaging in proactive and reactive aggression, having conduct problems at school, and dropping out at age 12. Leer Más
How do people or companies with vested interests spread ignorance and obfuscate knowledge? Georgina Kenyon finds there is a term which defines this phenomenon. Leer Más
Alzheimer’s is a serious disease that affects millions of Americans, and at the moment there is no cure, however a new study suggests we may be on the road to the next best thing: a prevention. According to the study, researchers from Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine are working to develop a pill that would prevent the accumulation of toxic molecules in the brain, which might be enough to prevent the disease. Leer Más
There are a number of things you can resolve to do in order to turn back your biological clock and live longer, whether you’re in your 20s or 30s, all the way to your 60s, 70s, and beyond. In fact, research has shown it’s never too late to start healthy habits. Leer Más
Lo bueno de lo malo ???
- Nicotine protects the brain from ageing by suppressing the desire to eat
- It allows people to consume less food and not put on as much weight
- Brain shrinks naturally with age – but being obese makes it decline faster
- Experts say smoking should still be avoided as it results in health problems
Nicotine needs you just like you need it. That sweet release of dopamine only happens if you really believe in it. Leer Más